SRAC's Water Park offers affordable FUN!
Water Park is CLOSED for the Season. See you next year!!
2014 Water Park Day Pass Rates:
Single Adult over 48" Tall - $7.50
Child Under 48” - $6.00
Child 3 & Under - FREE
Spectator - $3.00
$5 @ 5 - $5 Water Park Day Pass every day after 5 pm.
Family of 5 - $35 $8.50 - Children (4-7)
Rec Center + Water Park - All Area Day Passes
$9.50 - Youth (8-17)
$10.50 - Adult (18+)
$5.50 – groups of 20 + (regardless of height)
Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied by an adult.
*NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER*
Outside food and drinks are NOT allowed to be brought in to the Water Park.
The Water Park is a great place to have a Birthday Party. Water Park Party Packages include:
- Water Park Party Package A - $100.00: Includes two (2) hours of room usage with ten (10) wristbands for outdoor Water Park access. $5.50 per person for additional wristbands.
- Water Park Party Package B - $200.00: Includes four (4) hours of room usage with twenty (20) wristbands for outdoor Water Park access. $5.50 per person for additional wristbands.
Waterslide Height Requirements
"How tall to I have to be to ride the slide?!?"
We receive a lot of questions about our waterslides and height requirements for sliding. Here are your answers!
- You must be 48" tall (4 feet) in order to ride the slides.
- Anyone under 48" tall cannot ride the slides, even with an adult, and even if they are good swimmers.
- The slides are fun for everyone! But if a person is too short, they may end up getting twisted around (maybe even head first) which is a danger to safety.
- The slide manufacturer recommends a person be 48" tall in order to ride, and the City of Spearfish requires us to follow this recommendation.
- All slide riders must ride facing forward, feet first.
*Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied by an adult in the Rec Center & Water Park.
These requirements are in place for safety. Please help us enforce these safety measures with your children! Thank you!
Water Park Inclement Weather Policy
Inclement Weather Policy
NO CASH REFUNDS WILL BE OFFERED
In the event of inclement weather, which may include thunder, lightning, heavy rain, any kind of serious storm or unsafe situation that limits lifeguard visibility or patron safety, the aquatic areas of the park will be cleared including all pool decks. Patrons will be directed inside the building until the deck is safe, the storm passes, or SRAC staff chooses to close for the day. Please call the park before visiting in the event of inclement weather. We will update the website (spearfishreccenter.com) in the event that the park closes due to weather.
If inclement weather persists after 30 minutes, pool reopening will be reassessed at regular pool breaks (1:30 pm, 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm).
Water Park Amenities
The 2-acre Water Park offers something for everyone!
- 260-foot Lazy River
- 3 HUGE Water Slides
- Zero Entry (Kiddy Pool) & Splash Pad
- 400-Gallon Dump Bucket
- Climbing Wall
- Adventure Walk
- Wheelchair Accessible Lap Pool
- Swimming Lessons
- Lifeguard Training
- Water Aerobics
- Monthly Pool Parties
- Food & Beverage Concessions
SRAC recommends an adult accompany a child and maintain a safe distance in the water. Please note, the following adult to child supervision ratios are enforced for safety:
- Supervision of children 3-years old and under should be at least 1:3 adult to toddler ratio with access to the zero-depth area of the water park
- A 1:1 ration is required for all other pool areas
- For children age 4-8 years old, a 1:5 adult to child ratio is required
- No more than two children (age 4-8 years old) or one child (age 3 & under) may be supervised by a teen (age 14-17 years old).
- Children age 9 and up may be in the water park without adult supervision.
Snack Shack Concessions
SRAC's New Concessions Menu full of Healthy & Informed Choices!
Outside food and drink is NOT allowed in the Water Park. SRAC is making an effort to move towards healthier concessions choices. This effort is twofold.
- We want to offer more healthy choices from our concessions stand.
- We want to help you make the best educated choices about which foods to choose.
This year we have implemented the Healthy South Dakota Munch Codes into our menu. The menu is now color coded with the Munch Codes guides to help you make informed choices. We hope you enjoy our all new menu!
WP Hours, Rates & Fitness Swim Times
Open May 24,2014 - Sept. 1, 2014
Open Daily: Noon- 7. Fitness Swim: Mon.- Fri. 7-9 AM & Sat. 8-10 AM. Rates: $7.50 (+48"), $6.00 (--48"), $3.00 (Spectators) & Children 3 & Under are Free
Water Park Season Pass
Swim for the WHOLE season at one low price!
2014 Water Park Season Passes are now for Sale! $60 per person + tax (It only takes 8.5 trips to the water park to break even with this pass!) Water Park Open May 24th - Sept 1, 2014
2014 Swimming Lessons Registrations are NOW Open!
2014 Swim Lessons are 2-Week sessions (Monday-Friday), 30 minutes per day. Levels range from Parent-Tot Lessons on up to Level 4. Lessons times are weekday mornings from 9:30 am, 10:15 am, 11 amRead More
Red Cross Lifeguard Classes
2015 Dates: Lifeguard Training Class - January 23rd-February 1st, 2015.
Red Cross Classes are held evenings and weekends at the Belle Fourche Community Center (1111 National Street, BelleRead More