Northern Hills Senior Games
Northern Hills Senior Games ~ Spearfish, SD
June 7-8, 2019
Sponsored by City of Spearfish, Spearfish Parks and Recreation and SD Senior Games
PURPOSE: The Senior Games is a regional Olympic-style sports festival for adult (50+ years old) athletes.
The purpose of the local games is to:
- Provide the Northern Hills area with an annual physical fitness event to promote social, competitive, athletic, and recreational activities for older adults.
- Promote and create an interest in lifetime sports, recreation, and physical exercise as a means of enhancing one’s quality of life.
- Create an awareness of the abilities and capabilities of older citizens.
- Foster an amateur athletic network of participants, volunteers, and sports enthusiasts throughout the Northern Hills that encourages and promotes healthier life-styles.
- Create private as well as public support for physical fitness and amateur athletic training.
REGISTRATION & HEADQUARTERS: Registration due Thursday May 30th by 5PM at Spearfish Rec and Aquatics Center to ensure shirt sizes. Registration will be accepted until the event is complete. The official Games Headquarters Table will be located in the Spearfish Rec & Aquatics Center (122 Recreation Lane, Spearfish, SD).Age Group:
AGE REQUIREMENTS: To be eligible to enter an INDIVIDUAL/SPORT EVENT a person must be at least 50 years old as of December 31 of the current year. The age division for all DOUBLES and MIXED DOUBLES competition will be determined by the age of the YOUNGER of the two players. The age division for the TEAM will be determined by the age of the YOUNGEST team member .
AGE DIVISIONS: Individuals compete for awards in their own age and sex category within five-year increments (50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90-94; 95-99; 100+)
· Team events are divided into the following seven divisions for both men and women: 50+; 55+; 60+; 65+; 70+; 75+ and 80+.
When there are not enough entrants in any one age division for tournament events, the tournament will be drawn to combine age divisions and the rules governing the competitions will be adjusted to best accommodate the combined group