WP Hours, Rates & Fitness Swim Times
Open May 27-Sept 4, 2017
Open Daily: Noon- 7.
Fitness/Lap Swim: Mon.- Fri. 7-9 AM & Sat. 8-10 AM.
WATER PARK DAILY RATES
|Over 48" Tall *||$8/person|
|Under 48" Tall *||$6/person|
|Children 3 & Under||FREE|
MUST BE AT LEAST 48" TALL IN ORDER TO RIDE THE BLUE, RED OR GREEN SLIDES
Water Park Amenities
The 2-acre Water Park offers something for everyone!
- 260-foot Lazy River
- 3 HUGE Water Slides
- Zero Entry (Kiddy Pool) & Splash Pad
- 400-Gallon Dump Bucket
- Climbing Wall
- Adventure Walk
- Wheelchair Accessible Lap Pool
- Swimming Lessons
- Lifeguard Training
- Water Aerobics
- Monthly Pool Parties
- Food & Beverage Concessions
SRAC recommends an adult accompany a child and maintain a safe distance in the water. Please note, the following adult to child supervision ratios are enforced for safety:
- Supervision of children 3-years old and under should be at least 1:3 adult to toddler ratio with access to the zero-depth area of the water park
- A 1:1 ration is required for all other pool areas
- For children age 4-8 years old, a 1:5 adult to child ratio is required
- No more than two children (age 4-8 years old) or one child (age 3 & under) may be supervised by a teen (age 14-17 years old).
- Children age 9 and up may be in the water park without adult supervision.
Waterslide Height Requirements
"How tall to I have to be to ride the slide?!?"
We receive a lot of questions about our waterslides and height requirements for sliding. Here are your answers!
- You must be 48" tall (4 feet) in order to ride the slides.
- Anyone under 48" tall cannot ride the slides, even with an adult, and even if they are good swimmers.
- The slides are fun for everyone! But if a person is too short, they may end up getting twisted around (maybe even head first) which is a danger to safety.
- The slide manufacturer recommends a person be 48" tall in order to ride, and the City of Spearfish requires us to follow this recommendation.
- All slide riders must ride facing forward, feet first.
*Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied by an adult in the Rec Center & Water Park.
These requirements are in place for safety. Please help us enforce these safety measures with your children! Thank you!
Water Park Inclement Weather Policy
Inclement Weather Policy
NO CASH REFUNDS WILL BE OFFERED
In the event of inclement weather, which may include thunder, lightning, heavy rain, any kind of serious storm or unsafe situation that limits lifeguard visibility or patron safety, the aquatic areas of the park will be cleared including all pool decks. Patrons will be directed inside the building until the deck is safe, the storm passes, or SRAC staff chooses to close for the day. Please call the park before visiting in the event of inclement weather. We will update the website (spearfishreccenter.com) in the event that the park closes due to weather.
If inclement weather persists after 30 minutes, pool reopening will be reassessed at regular pool breaks (1:30 pm, 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm).
Swim Lessons are 2-Week sessions (Monday-Friday), 30 minutes per day.
Group Swim Lessons are $45 per two week session. Private Swim Lessons areRead More
Red Cross Lifeguard Classes
Lifeguard Training Dates: February 16 - February 24th
Red Cross Classes are held evenings and weekends at the Belle Fourche Community Center (1111 National Street, BelleRead More